Other organisations provide different kinds of support to survivors of abuse, whether or not they qualify for payment under the redress scheme. This could be counselling or therapy, or just an understanding person to talk to.

To report previous, recent or ongoing abuse, to you or to someone you know, you should contact the police or other authorities.

Who to speak to

Emotional support

If you have difficult feelings about your abuse, or about applying for redress, it might help to speak to someone. These organisations can help:

  • Redress Emotional Support Helpline: 0800 2118403 (10am-1pm Monday to Friday)
  • Breathing Space: 0800 83 85 87
  • Samaritans: 116 123

Report abuse

If you need to report previous, recent or ongoing abuse, you should make an immediate phone call to:

  • Police Scotland: 101
  • Crimestoppers: 0800 555111

Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry

To tell the Inquiry about a case, please contact them by phone or email.